Terms of Service
Terms of Service Agreement
The term of this agreement shall remain in effect and be binding upon the parties commencing upon acceptance of the quote. Whitehat and the client have the right to mutually amend this contract and scope of work at any time.
- 1.1 The project will not begin until Whitehat receives proof of payment for the first phase of the project from the client (The Discovery Phase). Whitehat will specify an estimated start and delivery date.
- 1.2 Whitehat is not responsible for delays resulting from the client’s action or inaction.
- 1.3 Commencement of and payment for the Retainer Phase of work will begin no later than three months after the completion of the initial 1 'Discovery Phase' of work - unless by mutual written agreement.
3. Payment terms - Projects & Retainers
- 3.1 The CUSTOMER shall pay Whitehat per PROJECT (Individually costed on-off work items):
- 3.1.1 50% of all project costs for the first phase of the project upfront prior to the project start date which will start once proof of payment has been received;
- 3.1.2 50% of the remaining project costs are to be paid upon completion and is payable 7 days from the presentation of the Invoice.
- 3.1.3 For additional services rendered by Whitehat, the Customer shall pay Whitehat the amount agreed to by the Parties in accordance with the signed contractual agreement.
- 3.2 The client shall pay Whitehat per RETAINER (Ongoing work such as Inbound Marketing, SEO Done-For-You, or SEO Done-With-You, PPC (Google Adwords)):
- 3.2.1 The monthly or quarterly retainer cost is invoiced in advance and is payable 7 days from the invoice date unless otherwise stated.
- 3.2.2 Failure to meet the deadline mentioned above, Whitehat shall reserve the right to pause the project until payment is received. This may impact project deadlines and deliverables which may extend well beyond the time of the pause due to the knock-on effect on team scheduling.
- 3.2.3 Failure to meet the deadline mentioned above, Whitehat shall charge the Customer, in its next invoice, a Service Surcharge which shall include a late fee of £100 (one hundred pounds) per month, plus 0.5% interest per day on outstanding debts until the date on which payments is due.
- 3.2.4 Whitehat may cancel the services with 7 days prior notice to the Customer if payments are not made on time.
- 3.2.5 In the event of a default, the Customer shall be liable for any and all legal fees of Whitehat, as well as the costs incurred by Whitehat to collect any balance due through the entire legal process up to the appeal level; and even if no lawsuit is filed.
- 3.2.6 Any unpaid invoice will be passed over to an external agency for collection. This may result in additional collection fees and potential court action.
- 3.2.7 Work carried out on retainer is determined at the start of each quarterly work sprint.
- 3.2.8 Failure to agree to a schedule of work for a particular work sprint within 30 days of the invoice payment due date will result in the permanent loss of that work for that month. However, payment will still be due as work credit is not carried forward to the next month or quarter.
- 3.2.9 Failure to pay an invoice within 30 days of the invoice payment due date may result in that month's work being lost and no credits will be carried forward to the next month. Payment will still be due.
- 3.2.10 Inbound Marketing (HubSpot) retainers run for a minimum of 6 months unless otherwise agreed in a separate contract.
- 3.2.11 SEO (DFY & FWY) & PPC (Google Adwords) retainers run for a minimum of 6 months unless otherwise agreed in a separate contract.
- 3.3 Interest, Compensation & Costs
- 3.3.1 We reserve the right to claim interest, compensation, and reasonable costs under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and it is agreed that the term implied by that Act shall apply after any judgement as well as before. Any reference to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 is also a reference to any amendment, modification or re-enactment of it. If for any reason the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 does not apply interest shall be payable on overdue amounts at 8% over the Bank of England Base Rate from time to time.
- 3.3.2 Without prejudice to our right to claim costs under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, if for any reason any payment is not made when due we reserve the right to be paid on an indemnity basis any costs we incur in recovering any money due under this contract (and the costs of recovering such costs) including our administrative costs and any costs incurred with lawyers or debt collection agencies. Our administrative costs may include the cost of employing the staff concerned and the overheads attributable to them for the time spent. In calculating our administrative costs credit will be given for any compensation due under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- 3.3.3 If proceedings are issued a minimum contribution of £500 (in addition to the fixed costs of the issue) will be claimed towards any costs incurred with lawyers.
Whitehat shall be entitled to enter into any sub-contract with any person or entity for the performance of any part of this Agreement, without the consent of the Client, it being agreed that, notwithstanding such sub-contracting, Whitehat shall remain responsible for all its obligations as provided for in the Agreement, including confidentiality obligations with subcontractor(s).
7. Termination of contract
- 7.1. SEO Projects (Done-ForYou or Done With You) and PPC (Google Adwords) Projects run for a minimum of six months and after that may be terminated by either party with 30 days' notice unless agreed differently in a separate signed contract.
- 7.2. An agile retainer (Inbound Marketing on HubSpot) runs for at least 3 months (or longer if specified in the signed agreement) and may be terminated by either party with 90 days' notice. If termination is requested while the contract has time left to run, it will have to run its course with payment due, and at the end of the sprint, all work will stop
2. Change of Project Scope
Should the project scope change, an additional quote can be provided to accommodate the additional desired deliverable. Whitehat only commits to providing the deliverable listed in an accepted quote.
- 4.1 Two reverts are allowed for each piece of content produced, thereafter a revised cost estimate is to be provided for additional changes/work.
- 4.3 All requested images used in blog posts will be sourced using Google Images or the use of free stock image services specified by the client unless photography is supplied by the client or the client has purchased custom-designed imagery or the custom-designed imagery has been included in the retainer.
The following are not covered under any quote and will be priced separately:
- Subscription to any platform or software.
- Website updates that cannot be done through a common CMS.
- Media spend
8. Revert Policy
- 8.1. Interpretation:
- 8.1.1. "Revert": After a project has been handed over to the client for review and feedback, a revert allows a client to ‘reply’ with changes on the work we have delivered in accordance with the initial project scope, without incurring additional costs.
- 8.1.2. "Project sign-off":
- 126.96.36.199. All changes in both revert one and two have been resolved, and the client has accepted these changes.
- 188.8.131.52. Should Whitehat not receive any feedback from the client within 7 days of submitting the final written confirmation to the client, regarding the completion of the project, Whitehat will deem that project as accepted by the client and will invoice the remaining balance of the project.
- 8.2. Policy:
- 8.2.1. Two reverts are allowed for each project item/deliverable produced, thereafter a revised cost estimate will be raised for any additional changes. The first revert needs to be as detailed as possible as to cover all bases as the second revert can only be on the changes requested in the first round.
- 184.108.40.206. What does this mean for the client:
- It is the client’s responsibility to go through all delivered items carefully and make a concise list of any changes/reverts that you would like implemented and communicate this to Whitehat.
- Avoid sending changes one-by-one as this can be extremely hard to keep track of and some requested changes could be missed. Each list of documented changes will be treated as a revert.
- When you’re on list number three, additional costs to implement these changes could be incurred.
- Number of days between delivering something for review and receiving the feedback/changes
- 220.127.116.11. What does this mean for Whitehat:
- It is up to Whitehat to ensure that the client understands this revert policy
- Whitehat may query reverts and ask for extra clarification on the changes requested before changes get implemented.
Use of information from this website
Unless you have entered into an express written contract with this website to the contrary, visitors, viewers, subscribers, members, affiliates, or customers have no right to use this information in a commercial or public setting; they have no right to broadcast it, copy it, save it, print it, sell it, or publish any portions of the content of this website.
By accessing the contents of this website, you agree to this condition of access and you acknowledge that any unauthorised use is unlawful and may subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
A visitor has no rights whatsoever to use the content of, or portions thereof, including its databases, invisible pages, linked pages, underlying code, or other intellectual property the site may contain, for any reason or for any use whatsoever.
Ownership of website or right to use, sell, publish contents of this website
The website and its contents are owned or licensed by the website’s owner. Material contained on the website must be presumed to be proprietary and copyrighted. Visitors have no rights whatsoever to the site content. Use of website content for any reason is unlawful unless it is done with express contract or permission of the website
Disclaimer for harm caused by downloads
Visitor downloads information from this site at his own risk. Website makes no warranty that downloads are free of corrupting computer codes, including, but not limited to, viruses and worms.
Visitor agrees that in the event he causes damage to us or a third party as a result of or relating to the use of https://www.whitehat-seo.co.uk, Visitor will indemnify us for, and, if applicable, defend us against, any claims for damages.
No additional notice of any kind for any reason is required to be given to Visitor and Visitor expressly warrants an understanding that the right to notice is waived as a condition for permission to view or interact with the website.
Jurisdiction and venue
If any matter concerning this purchase shall be brought before a court of law, pre- or post-arbitration, Viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer agrees to that the sole and proper jurisdiction to be the country and city declared in the contact information of the web owner unless otherwise here specified.
80A Uxbridge Road, W12 8LR
Contact via the website here. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer for contents of the site
https://www.whitehat-seo.co.uk disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy of the content appearing at, linked to on, or mentioned on https://www.whitehat-seo.co.uk. Visitors assume all risks relating to viewing, reading, using, or relying upon this information. Unless you have otherwise formed an express contract to the contrary with us, you have no right to rely on any information contained herein as accurate. We make no such warranty.
DISCLAIMER FOR HARM CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER OR SOFTWARE FROM INTERACTING WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS. VISITOR ASSUMES ALL RISK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER CORRUPTING FACTORS.
We assume no responsibility for damage to computers or software of the visitor or any person the visitor subsequently communicates with from corrupting code or data that is inadvertently passed to the visitor’s computer. Again, visitor views and interacts with this site, or banners or pop-ups or advertising displayed thereon, at their own risk.
Limitation of liability
By viewing, using or interacting in any manner with this site, including banners, advertising, pop-ups, downloads, and as a condition of the website to allow his lawful viewing, Visitor forever waives all right to claims of damage of any and all description based on any causal factor resulting in any possible harm, no matter how heinous or extensive, whether physical or emotional, foreseeable or unforeseeable, whether personal or commercial in nature. For any jurisdictions that may now allow for these exclusions, our maximum liability will not exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for using our website or service.
Additionally, you agree not to hold us liable for any damages related to issues beyond our control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, insurrection, riots, criminal activity, natural disasters, disruption of communications or infrastructure, labour shortages or disruptions (including unlawful strikes), shortages of materials, and any other events which are not within our control.
In no case shall the viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer have the right to go to court or have a jury trial. Viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer will not have the right to engage in pre-trial discovery except as provided in the rules; you will not have the right to participate as a representative or member of any class of claimants pertaining to any claim subject to arbitration; the arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding with limited rights of appeal.
The prevailing party shall be reimbursed by the other party for any and all costs associated with the dispute arbitration, including attorney fees, collection fees, investigation fees, and travel expenses.
Viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer agrees that the applicable law to be applied shall, in all cases, be that of the state of the owner of https://www.whitehat-seo.co.uk.
Call Recording Policy
Both incoming and outgoing calls may be recorded.
Call recordings will be used for the following purposes:
- to manage the performance of staff and to assure the quality of service information provided for customers.
- to measure and improve the quality of customer experience
Call recordings may also be used for the following purposes:
- to provide evidence in the resolution of complaints or investigations
- to clarify the content of a particular conversation
Storage of call recordings
Calls will be recorded and stored within the companies call recording system with restricted access and can only be accessed via an authorised staff.
Request to delete call(s)
Anyone who wants to have these calls deleted from the system should make this request following the Subject Access Request process.
You can submit your request by post to: Whitehat SEO Ltd, 80A Uxbridge Road, W12 8LR