Email marketing is an excellent method to generate high-quality leads. Let's see how to do it in the proper and most effective way!
Email marketing is not spam, it's a way to send relevant and valuable content to those that want it. If a prospect isn't happy to hear something from you, he/she will consider your message as spam. So be sure to address to the right people.
The procedure to succeed in email marketing.
There are 6 steps to take into account to run a successful campaign.
- Define a clear goal for your email marketing campaign. You have to establish what you want to achieve before sending out any message (i.e. increasing sales for a new product, enticing your leads to visit a particular page on your website, etc.).
- Segment your prospects. Most of the time, it's inappropriate to reach all the contacts you have in your list by a single email, because not all of them need the same information from you. A good practice is to segment, to decide precisely who you want to come into contact with, in order to achieve your goal.
- Personalise the text. People don't like cold messages, they want someone who cares about their buying process and who can speak to them in a compelling way. For this reason your contacts are more likely to open and respond to something which is addressed directly to them, rather than a text that is generic. Call your prospect always by first name and try to figure out a personal way to tailor the email.
- Use calls-to-action and compelling subject lines. You should beguile people to open your message - they are full of emails in their box. The subject line is like your business card, don't waste this opportunity. Afterwards, it's pivotal to show to the recipients exactly what to do after reading your email through a call-to-action.
- Test the best version. Run A/B tests to recognize which is the best version of the text you wrote, so that you can improve the click-through rate.
- Analyse data. Nowadays marketing is all about data. It’s vital that you continue to monitor the metrics in order to boost your daily activity.
GDPR: how the new law affects email marketing.
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) entered into force in may 2018, establishing new directives to collect and process personal information within the European Union. What does it mean for email marketing? The regulation is complex, but ultimately you have to pay attention to these things:
- Prospects have to give you their information with an unambiguous consent (free, specific, unequivocal) and intentionally, according to art. 32.
- Better to ensure a double opt-in for who is trying to become a subscriber of yours.
- Be sure your leads have a direct way to unsubscribe from your list of contacts, whenever they want to.
Nevertheless, the best way to be sure you are adopting GDPR with the right approach is asking for a legal consultation.
That's it! Now you can get more clients using email marketing!
Need help? Contact us through:
Phone: +44 20 8834 4795