Grant user’s access to your Google Analytics Account without letting them have your Login details!
Adding a User to your Google Analytics account has three levels of access:
- Account-Level : You are giving the user an access to all the properties and views in the account, with the same set of permissions. It also allow users to even link your AdWords account (if any).
- Property-Level: Allow users to access the tracking code and adjust settings on a particular website.
- View-Level: Allow users to view reports and content groupings.
Four permissions are available that can be applied singly or in combination.
Manage Users - Can manage account users (add/delete users, assign permissions). Does not include Edit or Collaborate.
Edit - Can perform administrative and report-related functions (e.g., add/edit/delete accounts, properties, views, filters, goals, etc., but not manage users), and see report data.
Edit permission is required at the account level to create filters. Edit permission is required at the view level to apply filters.
Collaborate - Can create, edit, delete, and share personal assets. Can collaborate on shared assets. Includes Read & Analyze.
Read & Analyze - Can see report and configuration data; can manipulate data within reports (e.g., filter a table, add a secondary dimension, create a segment); can create personal assets, and share them, and see shared assets. Cannot collaborate on shared assets.
The Step-by-Step Guide:
2. In the account, click the User Management button. See screenshot attached.
3. In the Account Users list, click +, then click Add new users.
4. Enter the email address for the user’s Google Account.
5. Once added, email address will show in the list, and an email will be sent notifying access to your analytics property.
6. Select the permissions you want.
That’s it. You have successfully allowed a user to access your Google Analytics Account without giving them your login details.
Need help? Contact us through:
Call: 020 8834 4795